There are many ways to help The Liberty Area Fire Protection Association. You can volunteer to help with a fundraising event, join the board, or become one of our Volunteer Fire Fighters.
If you live in the Liberty Mounds area and are physically fit, you probably qualify for one of the most rewarding activities you can imagine! You should have enough free time to participate in training and be available for emergencies. Actually, none of us have the free time for this. It is a commitment for us to help protect our loved ones and our community. We are proud of what we do. We enjoy mentoring newcomers.
We train our Volunteer firefighters through OSU-FST typically every month for 4 hours. During your first year of becoming a Volunteer firefighter, you will stay busy training. We require all of our Volunteer firefighters to have all training listed below and able to meet these requirements. Listed below.
- All new volunteer firefighters must have current Oklahoma driver’s license.
- LAFPA Volunteer Fire Department will not accept a volunteer firefighter that has a DUI/DWI or a Felony charge on his or her record.
- LAFPA will conduct background checks on all new LAFPA personnel.
- All new volunteer firefighters are expected to attend all scheduled monthly meetings. 1 to 3 hours monthly.
- All new volunteer firefighters are expected to attend all scheduled monthly clean up days. 4 to 8 hours monthly.
- All new volunteer firefighters are expected to attend all scheduled in-house monthly training. 4 to 8 hours monthly.